Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update from the Stan

Well hello everyone! It's been a bit since I have put any pictures up, I thought I'd start with this one...... And yes that is the right temperature, I would guess about 6 out of the 7 days of work it gets about this hot. But anything after 100 degrees feels about the same. To supplement the heat I drink between 5 to 8 liters of water a day.

This was the first cloud that I had seen in nearly 2 months, you know a real cloud, not a dust cloud.......... And then it rained yesterday Saturday the 26th for 2 hours straight, we played Frisbee and just stood in the rain the whole time, I think the Temp. dropped to 78 degrees, it was kinda cold!







This is what happens to 30mm rounds when an A-10 gun jams, I know that is bad but it really tore up those rounds, cool huh.











Well I made this Campbell soup can on a board, to leave behind so people would know how was in Afghanistan, But they took the board down, because the other shift couldn't keep it free of profanity, So I cut it out and will be sending it home, I took alot of hard work to do, plus all the guys from work that helped out......




I got dared to put as many sunflower seeds in my mouth at once, I put half a large bag in my mouth.












Ever wonder what it looks like with 62 pieces of bubble gum in your mouth, Well me and Risk were trying to see how could put more gum in their mouth. We stopped at 53, and then he decieded to keep going, I couldnt let him win so when he got 60 in his mouth i pushed 2 more. In bubble gum there is 20 calories per piece and 5 grams of sugar. I had my calorie intake in just that sitting. My stomach really hated me after wards.......This is what we do to keep our Morale up, out here, hahaha

















well these are the new AF bombs, not only do they weigh 1/3 of the old ones but you can see by me laying down next to one how small they are. if you are curious about them look up SDB bomb on goggle.


Well everyone thanks for your support, thanks for the packages of beef jerky mom and dad cooper, And you Ang for the bright green flip flops..... I love you and miss you ....... Oh and David sunflower seeds/ Double Bubble chewing gum for keeping our moral up. See you later













8 comments:

Melissa said...

hey josh! it loos crazy hot over there!! good job thanks yo for working hard for our country! :)

Melissa said...

hello i meant to type looks not loos and thank you not thanks yo...sorry!

Dan and Ger said...

Great photos Josh,
You look like a Chipmunk with all that bubblegum in your mouth.

Very funny and very you.

Love you and stay safe 'til you come home.

Love Ger

JethRobyn said...

Wow, only 120 degrees over there, thats' just a titch warmer than I dunno, the middle of the desert! I'm glad to see a new post, also glad to know you guys are keeping entertained over there! Be safe, and keep up the good work! Ps...what is the Campbell's soup can made of, is it a painting?? Very cool.

Josh and Ang for all time and Eternity said...

What a Sexy Man!!! I Love the Campbell Soup picture it will look great in our Dinning Room!! You so AMAZING!! I Love you tons and I miss you so much!!! Your the hottest bald man ever!! Love you!!!!

Josh and Ang for all time and Eternity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leslie jo said...

Josh
That is hot! I would die! I am glad you are keeping yourself sane with bubblegum and sunflower seeds. I am also glad you got to play in the rain and see clouds. It's amazing what we take for granted.
Thanks for all you are doing. I love the soup can too.

Max said...

Wow!! HOT!! you are very bald my friend...looks rad.
Thanks for all the good you are doing, for all of us..

Be safe and remember how much everyone loves you and misses you :D

love, your brother max!