Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Girls Trip

These last couple of months have been very difficult for me because my best friend and my husband is away helping out with enduring freedom of our beloved country. Since I have been so worried and have heard every possible fear (from him and the news) that one fells one your husband is deployed in a dangerous country it was time for a break. What better time then the worst month that Afghanistan has had throughout this whole war has taken place!! Poor Josh... I don't think some people understand the big sacrifice that he is doing for his country in this scary and horrible place he is at!! So to those around please be kind to Josh he is facing some very trying times at this point and has seen a lot of things that one couldn't imagine send him nice letters and nice words because he really needs to hear that not negative stuff anyways... so me as the worrier and missing him terrible my good friend Candy and I took a little holiday of our own because her wonderful husband is facing some of the same trials that Josh is facing being deployed!! Bless them also with there hard times!! So we decided to take a time out and relax in Lanzarote!! What a fun trip!!! I am glad that I got to spend such a great time with such a great friend, Who knows what it is like to be missing the one you Love!! Anyways... it is a Spanish island off the coast of Africa it was hot... but didn't stop me from shopping! On Sunday (since Candy's grandparents lived here and she visited the island a lot she was tour guide Barbie this round) we went to this really cool market!!! The square was so beautiful along with the area... this island is know for there garlic sauces so I bought Josh some wonderful sauces for him to try!! You have to go to this island if you ever can go!!!
The island has some inactive volcanoes which was cool to see the island had its last volcanic eruption in the 1800's and the hotel offered a tour of the island where these volcanoes erupted so a lot of the island was actually hot lava that had been cooled!! On the way up to these volcanoes there is a really cool restaurant that tells about the history and has little fun activities that they demonstrate to you and show you how hot it is underneath and it is hot!! But the picture above is a fig tree that this man planted on top of this volcanic area thinking this fig tree would grow well it didn't and guess his camel died along with it. So these are the remains of this famous story in this restaurant.
As you see how hot the ground is it catches this hay pile on fire when placed inside this hole and let me tell you it was hot!!!
Also the island has 300 camels on it that are owned privately by people and they make a living giving camel rides! I never thought I would ever do this in my life but I rode a camel around this little area!! It was a lot of fun but one tried to eat me when I was trying to take a picture of it!!
All of us getting ready for a ride of our life!!
The area that we took this camel ride on!! With mountains in the background not volcano's sorry!!
This is the part where the lava stopped into the ocean and created all this cool formations and stuff in the lava!!


One formation that was created!! If you would like to learn more about Lanzarote visit the website www.discoverlanzarote.com!! It was a great little break but I still miss Josh!!

5 comments:

Jenny Hansen Lane said...

that is such a good post!!!
I'm so happy you found me!
Remember Maren, she is expecting her first this next year!
I love your little home!!! SO CUTE

After SVU i traveled a bit of Europe... I think you are so lucky to be there,, SERIOUSLY IF YOU ARE LONELY<<<<<
i can keep you company!!
OH I MISS YOU!!

I hope you are doing well.

leslie jo said...

Wow that looks like soo much fun! You are just the world traveler. I got to chat with your sweet hubby on msn a few days ago for a few hours. It was great! What a great time we had. I am sure you miss him terribly and I too wish you well and look forward to more posts!

Smith Family said...

Ang I'm so glad you have a good supportive friend. What a fun trip! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and josh.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness woman! you need to get in contact with me. you can email me a follow up comment!

i miss you and josh!!!
hugs!!!

ms said...

Hey Ang - I rode camels in Egypt this year..what a funny experience. We didn't have the little contraptions on the top like that, instead we had little blankets and two big pieces of bamboo. Isn't life in other countries so interesting?