Thursday, December 17, 2009

!!!!!!EGYPT!!!!!!!!

Our next adventure on this crazy trip brings us to Alexandria... it was about a 3 or 4 hour ride and we had to get up really early!!! On our way down the highway of Egypt a Big truck got into an accident with a little car. We thought we would have had to wait for 4 hours but they got out dumpsters and pushed the rubble to the side of the road and continued with there driving it was crazy! The big truck was carrying water and food and people were getting out taking it! It was so weird and a crazy start to our trip... but we finally made it to Alexandria.
Our first stop was to the Roman theater like the one in Rome but a smaller version of it...
Inside of the theater is remains from Cleopatra's tomb that they recovered from underwater! Josh was so excited!! LOL!
Once you travel down into the theater you see this little side way path that we thought looked amazing!
Random day... inside of the theater I saw this cute girl walking around and said Josh I know her!! Well guess what I was right... she played soccer with me in Southern Virginia University and she is here in Egypt teaching English her name is Becky but it was so weird seeing someone we knew!! What a small world!!!
They think attached to the theater was roman baths... this was one of the many baths that they uncovered is Josh inside or outside the bath tub? He is so funny I LOVE him so much he makes the trip more interesting!
A top view of the Roman Theater. Next stop we went was this underground tomb that was built 5 stories beneath the earth... we couldn't bring any cameras in but it was AMAZING! It had over a hundred tombs and many more were being uncovered!
Next stop was this big thing in the middle of the city... supposedly on top of the column is Alexandria the greats ashes in a vase.
You can see they are still uncovering things.
A young lady praying inside the area during her work. She is very devoted!
The area outside the columns not the most pleasant.
The men are very affectionate towards one another these two were walking in the street arm in arm.
We are getting close to the seaside...
The seaside market. We bought a traditional Egyptian dessert. It was really good. I have no clue what it was called because the guy couldn't speak any English but we enjoyed it.
The water is not a type of water that you want to swim in. These boys were swimming it though!
This area you could take a taxi to the other side of Alexandria. This is a port to pick up one of the taxis that I didn't know about until they came up to me and wanted me to get in and pay them for a ride. The port didn't look like much of a port hence the confusion.
Once again my blonde hair made me stand out! Women were coming up to me saying Beautiful and of course men. This family was following me around. Finally they asked for a picture with them. Josh got the picture with the two girls but the whole family took a picture with me. We didn't get that one because the Father pulled out his video camera too and started taping me which was a little weird.
The other little girl!
Traffic in Alexandria!Crazy... See they don't use the lines! We ended up eating at this fish restaurant and they served us some kind of fish with its eyes and head still on it. Not the best meal in the world but worth two bites!

Finally we stopped at this little beach outside the Alexandria Palace. You can see that the women have all their clothes on when they swim. They had on turtle neck, head piece and all! I would be afraid I would drowned! It was a nice end to our fun day! I Loved Alexandria a lot!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

wow very awesome! I love seeing these pictures!!

by the way check our blog, we have fun news.

also I don't have a phone number for you guys at all. I need to get that from you.

joanie said...

That's so funny how they loved your blond hair:) You sure are a beauty though! I love seeing the pictures for around the world!
we have a blog too...joanieandjeremiah.blogspot.com...I couldn't remember if I told you before:)

shilo said...

Hey there! So good to hear from you! I am so glad you found my blog! You look great. Sounds like you have turned into a world traveling celebrity. I always knew blondes had more fun!

Amanda said...

Wow!! Your blog is AMAZING! Look at all the many adventures you are having! I love it!

HA! How cool That you ran into Becky in Egypt of all places! That's really cool that shes doing that! :)

You are a doll!