Monday, December 7, 2009

!!!!!EGYPT!!!!!

Josh and I were blessed to be able to explore Egypt!! We had 12 days of fun in Egypt. We started out our trip by walking to the train station in our village it is about a 5 minute walk but felt a little bit longer pushing our luggage along the path. We were so excited though! We rode on the train to the terminal very long but relaxing ride!Our first night we arrived in Cairo airport to take our bus to Giza to stay in a hotel right outside the pyramids for 3 nights. When we arrived to get off our plane many people greeted us at our gate yes our gate not the terminal exit. We had to go through customs of course but as you see security is not an issue I was able to take this picture at the passport check line upon arrival! Crazy huh!?! Just wanted to show the writing... This picture of the bus funny story... but pretty much this whole trip had stories... anyways... As you know I am blonde so I was attracting quite a bit of people because they don't see many blondes. I wanted to take a picture of this bus because I thought the writing was cool. Well this young man thought I wanted a picture of him and came running over to ask if he could get a picture of me and him. I was so scared... Josh had to step in the way and say no she doesn't want to have a picture of you. Lesson number one pictures mean money he was just trying to get a tip from me! Also was very excited I was blonde.

Finally we get to our bus so we could drive to Giza which is about a two hour drive depending on traffic. We arrived in Egypt about 11 at night but that is when the people are awake they stay up all night because it gets so hot during the day they are very lively at night. In the picture you see people just cutting you off and traffic is crazy they have no regards for lines and they will cut across 5 lanes of traffic to take there exit! Also people just walk on the highway!! We saw a lot of accidents in fact on our way to Giza our bus drive ended up hitting a sign and destroying the right half of our bus... another story! Some guy cut him off and he couldn't help but miss a sign and guard rail. Thus begins our first day in Egypt! Many more fun stories to come!

1 comment:

ms said...

I can't believe you saw Becky. I forgot she was over there. It IS a small world.