Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Venice

When we arrived in Venice we hopped on the boat and went to our hotel room so we could put down our bags... but when we got to the hotel they informed us that the bathroom had been flooded and we couldn't stay there anymore but they were going to put us in a nice hotel that was right next to St. Marks Square where you want to stay anyways!! So we were excited but nervous to go when we arrived they put us in this amazing room!!

The fist floor had a big bed and a sitting area with a fireplace!!
The second floor part of it had glass flooring had two smaller beds to sleep in and a desk!! We didn't use it at all but it was really cool looking.
Sorry, this is the massive fireplace that I didn't focus very well but it was great even though we didn't need it!!
Our bathroom had a jacuzzi tub that was so awesome!!!!
Also had the wonderful Italian toilet and regular toilet we used the Italian one to fill up our water bottles!!! HAHA JUST KIDDING!! But made you think twice!!!
The Cool part of Venice is there is no cars in the area so we had to get everywhere by foot or boat!! It was so neat!!! So this is me excited about going to Murano where they make the Venetian glass that they are famous for!! One of the many things Venice is famous for it is really cool to go and see and you can get necklaces and big rings!! I Loved it!!
When you enter the island you can go to the museum and factory where they make the glass... this guy had the biggest arms I had ever seen and he is probably older than my dad!! It was cool!! You can see how they make the glass on our video and hear their accent that I can not understand!! I wish they had subtitles even though they could speak English I couldn't really understand them!!
The Venetians believe that they have an amazing water system and there water is so good!! I think it is a natural spring but water is running from this fountain and you can go and fill up water bottles and drink whenever you want... you see old women filling up big gallons of this water to store for themselves. I didn't want to drink out of it but I dared Josh... sick!!
This is part of Murano where you can go to ever store and look at the glass that they sell... they have really inexpensive stuff in one store and in the other it is really expensive. But non the less it is so beautiful I wanted to buy it all but couldn't maybe next time!!
This is the final bridge to our hotel room and the view was so breathtaking!!!
We decided to go and see a play that they put on about Venice and it's history. On the way to the event we had to take a picture of this little side street!! It was like we were on a movie set or something just was so magical and not real looking!! Funny story... so the hotel had told us about this awesome play about Venice's history and we have to see it. We booked to see it and have dinner before we watched the show. They told us the food was so good etc... We get there and It was like releasing the hounds for feeding we all are running into the venue to go and find a place to sit which had seating for maybe 6 people of like 70 people so we manage to get a seat. I had to watch this seat like it was life or death because these two women were giving me the dirtiest look wanting our seat it was too funny!! Then Josh gets food and comes back, I am like that is great starters to eat I am excited for the real food... well that was the real food BBQ wings with rosemary and some nasty pizza!! It was too funny! So we are laughing so hard while these ladies are still staring at us. Then the cast comes out to poke fun of us I am sure to rub in our faces thinking these morons actually paid us to get in... Then the play is about to start we walk in and get our seats which is like buckets seats that fit 4 people and I was thinking I can be stuffed like a sardine I am going to pass out but we manage to get our own bucket. We were being optimistic thinking it has to get better. Well, they didn't speak good English so we couldn't understand them and it was mainly about having relationships with more than one person no matter if they smelled and looked really bad!! So not a place for us at all!! When it was done we ran out of there so fast we would have left sooner but they had us locked in the room trust me I tried!!! But other than that Venice is an AMAZING CITY!! I suggest if you only can go to one place in Europe it would be Venice!!!

6 comments:

Jerry and Maaret said...

Whoa! I am sooooo jealous!!! I always wanted to go to Venice but we never made it there... someday, maybe :) We miss you guys!

JethRobyn said...

I'm so glad to see you and Josh back together again, that would be so hard. Venice looks amazing, i really really want to go there one day. The pictures look amazing.

Smith Family said...

That looks like so much fun!! I would love to go there one day! We miss you guys so much! I'm glad that you were able to go on such an awesome trip! I bet it's so good to be back together. You guys deserve all the great trips and more!

Hannah said...

JOSH!!!

Hey, this is your old old friend Jeph Preece. I found your blog by way of your sisters blog, by way of Mark's blog.

Anyway, I was stoked to find your blog. I'm getting married in a few weeks and I've been trying to get a hold of everyone's address so I can send announcements.

I think you're the last one on the list of people I need to find.

So, you can email me your address at jephpreece@yahoo.com if you want. If not, thats cool.

Also, it is awesome that you're stationed in England, sounds like a blast. I'm a bit envious only because you're much closer to Ireland than I am.

Cheers,
Jeph Preece

Melissa said...

sounds amazing!

you guys should update your blog more!

lissadear said...

yes i did die my hair :) im goin back to my natural hair color soon though! and then gettin blonde highlights. so how has thinks been goin! oh my mom misses u too :)

love u guys too