Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Josh's first military trip


Well hey everyone this is my first time writing in this blog so bare with me... I went to wales for the weekend to pick-up some shipments from overseas. It was about a four hour drive on the way down. We got lost in this small town its about two city blocks and it took us another four hours to find our hotel . This is an old castle in the middle of town it looked cool so I took picture. There in wales they speak another Language and all the signs looked like they had huge spelling errors, It was kinda cool. I know this is a random picture but let me explain, So before we left for Wales the briefer gave us of idea of where to park and what to go see in Wales. First he told us to go to this building and behind it we would find free praking, then we could walk up the street to the Hard Rock, get some good picture and then for everyone else (except me of course) get some "drinks". So after we went to the hotel and cleaned up a little bit , I jumped into the the extra long cargo van ( I drove since I choose to stay sober) we headed towards the free parking building, well we found this building and I turned into the driveway of the building and found that there were road blocks in the way, so I had to back into a busy street to find another place to park. We stopped at a gas station to ask where the Hard Rock was and nobody had any idea. So we found this little parking spot, and I mean little there was maybe 1/4 inch clearance and I took up two spots but at least it was free. We talked to a shop keeper and she told us that Hard Rock no longer exists, so one of the guys with us suggested that we go to Senor Frogs' but as you can see this place was also closed down too.
These are some of the guy that I went with. I wanted a picture of the back ground and they jumped in. It was cool though....
This is the background I wanted in the picture, These are the only thing lit up in the whole city. The white thing is this bridge and the architecture was amazing I wish I could of got a day picture of it.

This is the dock we went to the next morning. It took about 9 full size trailers to get everything back to Lakenheath, I left at about 0845 and got home at 1600, it was a long truck ride. This ends my wonderful journey, Recommendation: City was pretty dirty , some of the people were too, the restaurant the we went to was killer Italian, it was a little expensive but I'd go there again just to eat there. I think it would be a good one day trip.

3 comments:

Jerry and Maaret said...

looks like a whirlwind trip... but always fun to see new things, don't you think?

Krissy said...

wowsa ... i didn't even know there was a hard rock in wales ... too bad ang couldn't have 'followed' you there ... looks like you'll have to take her back! a good italian eatery is always worth traveling to! ;)

JethRobyn said...

Somehow I think I missed that whole time when you joined the military!! What the???